Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Starting Team Leap Frog



      Though I started volunteering for the Bike-to-the-Bay several years ago, it wasn't until last year that I decided to jump in feet first. My mission would soon be to try to use my MS as a tool to make a difference in this world. 

      It wasn’t long before I became friends with many of the teams and tried to encourage as well as inspire them to give it their all on my behalf, as well as the many, many others in this world with MS.  I absolutely love to write stories about my journey; my letters of gratitude along with a few speaking engagements had appeared to make an impact on the riders; soon they were able to put a face to someone who is truly benefiting from their generosity.

     Last year I was more of a cheerleader than anything else, and I really felt like part of one big wonderful family that happens to be spread out among many teams, all working towards one great cause. This year however, I had this crazy notion to try my hardest to do the ride myself, hopefully encouraging others to believe they could ride as well, especially those without MS. 

     Of course now the dilemma I would be faced with was which team to join: I had friends on several of them.  Then I decided what I really needed to do was start my own team while still continuing to inspire the others.

     After some thought I decided I would name my team “Team Leap Frog”  mainly because not actually knowing what my body is capable of I’m taking a big leap of faith that I can do this, and I truly believe many others with or without MS will realize they  can do this too.  That… and I love frogs. ☺

     Now my next mission is going to be to encourage as many people to join me and help me raise awareness. There is power in numbers.  My journey continues…

Have a great day!

Christine ☺





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)