Friday, January 22, 2016

What's on YOUR Bucket list??

     I mentioned last week that since the winter weather has finally hit us full force, I knew I had to do what ever it took to try to stay positive so I could get through this challenging time.   

    You may remember, last year about this time I took a trip down to Fort Myers Florida to visit my cousin.  The main reason for my trip (besides catching up with my crazy family down south...) was to see if I could actually survive all of the challenges of traveling across the country on my own, knowing that the flight alone came with many obstacles.  It would be a miracle in it's self if I even made it through the security check point, with all of my bionic devices. I'm a real walking circus!  However, I must have looked Innocent enough, because  half an hour later, after practically giving them my right kidney... they let me "breeze" right on through... 

     Well, I decided to start a new annual tradition to take a trip south in February just to regain some sanity again.  After all, the cold winter months up north are enough to send anyone to the loony bin.

     This picture is from my trip last year, and these palm trees are a sight for sore eyes.  I sure miss the warm weather...

    
    Looking at this picture of Fort Myers beach below is enough to make me forget the all of the hoops I had to jump through just to get there.
                            
     But this trip was about a lot more than just the warm tropical sunshine.

     It was a chance for me to step outside of my comfort zone, and face my fears head on.  I've never been a fan of high places, but after I went parasailing and Hang-gliding 1500 feet in the sky...

                                     
   I discovered I'm safer up there than I am walking on the ground with my own two feet.


     If you're like me, you most certainly have a life dream, and the time to go after it is when you're alive.  People are always doing crazy things they never would have dreamed of doing, just so they can cross them off of their bucket list.  The thing is, they usually wait until they're ninety before doing them.  I'm starting to cross them off before that bucket is staring me in the face:) The time to live is now!

     My trip is only two weeks away, but you'll have to wait and see what I get to cross off this time:)

Have a great weekend!!

Christine:)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)