Friday, April 8, 2016

Pink isn't just a color; it's an attitude!


     I had high hopes for getting back out on those bike trails this past week; but good old mother nature played a great April fools joke on all of us, and my bike and I would have to wait just a little longer.

     So this seemed like the perfect opportunity to explain my crazy obsession with the color pink; not that I need an excuse to be crazy:)

     Pink just so happens to be my "Super Power"!  This comment in and of it's self sounds like the words of a true crazy woman... but hear me out...

     I've lived with MS incognito for many years, and to the human eye I appeared as normal as the next girl.  but as this monster started throwing wrenches into the fire, making my life seem less than normal, I had to try my hardest to find a way to adjust.

     My days of red high heels were soon over and replaced  by black "practical shoes".  The big black brace on top of my gray nerve zapper, wrapped around my leg, made any hopes of becoming a runway model a thing of the past. Of course, at 5'2" I think the cards were already stacked against me:)

    I knew looking elegant was becoming more and more unrealistic, but I didn't want my identity to revolve solely around all of my bionic devices (of course, it would make me the Bionic Woman....).  but I do know one thing for certain; the color pink always puts a smile on my face; and though a smile might not be the iconic sign of elegance, it has a way of making anyone look "cute":) 
     There's no doubt that frogs have the biggest smile around, so pink and frogs just makes perfect sense!
And their smile goes from ear to ear...


     It' true that I might walk and feel just like the tin man at times, but I throw on pink and I become wonder woman:)

          So where do the "super powers" come in??  Have you ever passed someone who was smiling and not smiled back!?  Magic!!


     With all the trees that have fallen in my path, my pink gives me the confidence to face them head on.
     And at the end of the day, there is always a way to get past those obstacles.

       I'm beginning to wonder if Spring will ever be here to stay, but as soon as the nice weather finally decides to surface again, I plan to hit one of my favorite trails, the Wabash Cannonball.  And when I do, I can promise you two things... 
                 
I'll be wearing pink... and a smile!!


Have a great day!!

Christine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)