Friday, April 28, 2017

Even the baby geese are at the trail; what's my excuse now??


     You'd think by now my "Franken-bike" would be ready for the bike trails. After all, I've had all winter to tweek it so it fits all the requirements needed for my extremely complicated body.  

     I have my new make-shift pedals so my crazy foot doesn't slip off when I ride. 

                    
 I should be all set right?! The thing is, believe it or not, I'm terrified to take my bike out on the trails for fear of not being able to slip my shoes out in a seconds notice.  As it is now, my shoes fit just a little too well in the strap, and when I'm off the trainer, and trying to balance, I may find myself on the ground in one big heap.



     Most women have a million pairs of shoes to match every outfit they own.  I, on the other hand, have only a couple practical pairs; ones that are conducive for walking, and ones that work with my bike.

     I had the right shoes for my old pedals, but now that I have new pedals, my shoes are all wrong.  As much as I try to piecemeal my challenging life together, so I can function as close to normal as possible, it seems like one more road block pops up.  Then I'm back to the old drawing board, trying to figure out my next move.

     I'm in the process of trying to get shoes that work right now, but the day was absolutely beautiful, and I wasn't about to let the lack of a bike preventing me from visiting my favorite riding spot; Olander park.  So I headed over, and was sure glad I did!

       When I was last there, these little mommas were just hanging out, and now I see I million cute little babies!

     I didn't need my bike to see this amazing sight.


Now my next goal is to get out on my bike before these babies turn into mommas them selves.  
          Seeing how nice the weather has gotten has surely lit a fire under me, and I promise you my next thing on my "to-do" list is figure out my shoe and pedal!   

     I've jumped out of a plane from thirteen thousand feet in the air.  If there's one thing I won't let stop me, it's fear!  My bike and I will see you very soon!

Have a great day!!

Christine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)