Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Is bike limbo a thing??


       A lot of the country might still be enjoying the nice balmy weather, but up in middle America our days are numbered.  I have to jump at every chance I get to enjoy the great out-doors.

    Last weekend as I watched the rain and blustery wind from the dry side of the window I knew Sunday would have to be the day I got out for a ride.

     However, it was colder than ideal, and just because it was dry and the wind had stopped, didn't mean it was a perfect day for a bike ride. I was only able to trick one riding buddy in to thinking that it was:)

       The Sunday before, if you remember, I was back out on the golf course for the first time in a couple of years, and this day I was still running on that high; you know that beauty you can only find on a golf course.  But I have to admit, there were times I wished I had my bike with me.  However, I came up with a brilliant idea!

                    
     I decided to take a ride at Ottawa Park; which wraps around Ottawa Park golf course.  How's that for killing two birds with one stone:)


          Sadly, the golf course was in a little better condition than the trail.  We had to walk our bikes over this weathered old bridge.  But hey, we were outside:)

     And if you look up, the sky makes up for it...

     This sure was different from the last time I rode here.  For one the fall leaves were new, but ironically, the last time we rode here was the day after a storm as well.  I remember a tree was blocking the trail, forcing us to turn around and walk our bikes back up a 90 degree hill; never again... (it was a heck of a lot easier going down it).

     But then I was soon stopped dead in my tracks; it was like deja' vu all over again... 
     Darned if we didn't have another mammoth tree blocking the trail again.  Seriously!?!?!  But I was in no mood to turn around and hoof it back up that mountain, so as I got up to the tree... I thought for a second... 
               
          You know me... I always have a great idea:)
     I just invented a new sport... bike ride golf/limbo!


 My motto is "work smarter, not harder" Right?? :)


     Is it just me or are there sure a lot of crazy obstacles out there making life interesting... But that's okay; I'm always up for a challenge!!

Have a great day!!

Christine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)