Thursday, December 15, 2016

It sure feels like Christmas now:)

     You have to admit, we've been pretty darn lucky the last couple of years as far as snow goes.  Don't get me wrong; I love to look at it out the window, but going out into it... no thanks.  However, last Sunday good old Mom Nature decided we've been too comfortable with very little snow, and decided to dump the last two years worth on us all in one day. Ten inches plus, to be exact.

     Sure, my bike is nice and warm inside right now, but I really miss my old stomping grounds.  I feel so at home out on my bike trails along with nature.

     And of all of my trails, I miss the warm hug of my tiny little Olander park the most.  I had to go and see what it looked like swaddled up inside the warmth of Mother nature's blanket.


     I was happy just to stay warm inside the entire day of the snow storm, but on Monday it was time to assess the situation.
          This park is beautiful to look at, even surrounded by a ton of snow.
     While I was toasty warm, sitting inside my balmy car, the geese had no problem taking a refreshing lap around the lake.
      Grills were filled with white fluffy snow, instead of charcoal and burgers.



    And the bike trail was by no means was safe for a bike.  Ice skates maybe...


          The picnic tables were stacked on end, awaiting the spring thaw.  Sadly, it won't be anytime soon.

     I have to admit, snow isn't my favorite thing; and we know the baby Jesus was born in the desert; but there is just something about snow that says Christmas.  I don't need any gifts to make me happy.  That's not what the season is about. It's a time to be with loved ones, and that's all that really matters.

      So ten inches of snow might not be ideal, but I can honestly say, it sure feels like Christmas now!!



                                        


Have a great day!!

Christine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)