Monday, August 11, 2014

time to pass the torch


     So here it is, one last look at my training bike.  This bike took me through many bike trails and it got me to Port Clinton when I rode in the MS Bike To the Bay In June.  But now that I've graduated to my new road bike, the one I hope some day I'll love as much as I loved this one, It's time to pass the torch.




      When I started training for my first Bike To The Bay last summer I was scared to death I was going to lose my balance and wipe out on this bike. Once I got more comfortable, my next issue became the wide city tires for long rides.  If you recall I was telling you that it felt like I was pedaling a tractor and I was totally exhausted.

     Then my friend and faithful blog follower, Michael, wanted to donate road bike tires to make sure I didn't quit.  After his kindness I just had to keep going and the new tires made life a whole lot easier and I did make it to the finish line.
  
     When I finally decided to take the plunge and move on to a road bike I knew that the only way I was going to master it and not be tempted to go back to my comfortable bike was to find a new home for the old one.

     I figured the perfect home would be at the Toledo Bike Co op.  I really want to give someone else a chance to get back on a bike and see the world that's out there.




     I knew I had to donate it in my friend Michael's name because he helped me move forward and now maybe his kindness will inspire someone else.  One thing I've learned is we sure have a lot of caring people in this world:)




        Now that I said goodbye to my old bike, I'm sure Terry 
        and I are going to be great friends. 

 

Have a great day!!

Christine:)

1 comment:

  1. What a kind gesture Chris. No doubt someone will get many hours of pleasure from your donation.

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)