Friday, February 27, 2015

My test of human kindness


     The story of my amazing journey finally came to a conclusion, and I had every intention of redirecting my efforts  back to the Bike To The Bay.  However, I just recently learned that I've been focusing on the wrong thing for way too long.
   
    Anyone who knows me knows I'm very strong willed, and I won't give up for anything.  I was so proud that I was able to do everything in my power for so many years to beat the odds of MS.  I wanted more than anything to try to be "perfect" again. 

     Then someone told me, with no intention of offence, that I never was perfect, nor would I ever be.  A little bit of brutal truth, but it was in fact, the truth.  No one is perfect, so why should I be any different?

     But that didn't stop me from wanting to be as close to  "whole" as possible.  If things stopped working, then maybe it was because I wasn't trying hard enough.

     As issues came into play, and I did everything in my power to keep strong, I seriously thought that was why people were inspired by me.  When I got the brace we all remember I had a brief melt down, because I thought I would have to turn in my "inspiration" Title.  I needed to figure out how to try harder to repair any debilitation, giving me reason for my existence.

      Riding in the Bike To The Bay as someone with MS for thirty years made me feel like it was my job to prove I wasn't going to let MS take me down.

     The thing is, it finally hit me that people weren't inspired because I was defying the odds, but because I tried very hard to be the best I could be.  It soon became obvious that it wasn't how I was doing physically that mattered, but that I continued to keep my spirit, no matter what.

     All of the kind people who have helped me, received the gift of doing something kind for another human being, and maybe my mission is to allow them to help me on my mission; therefore feeling important themselves.

     So, will I continue to fight like crazy to keep my body  strong??  Heck yeah!  Though, you can take away my body, but you can never take my spirit:)

Have a great weekend!!

Christine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)