Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Hop on! I'll take you with me:)


     Last Sunday was an absolute perfect day for a ride, and I wasn't about to let it get past me.  One of my riding buddies Gary, had mentioned his wife Heather, has a bike and was talking about getting back into riding, so I asked them to meet me at the University Parks trail because it was a great place to start.

     If you remember, the last time I attempted this trail I got rained on after about one mile.  This time I had my fingers crossed that I could actually get the whole trail in.

     You'll also remember I took a few random pictures when I came to an occasional  stop.  However, this time being that I have my camera trick mastered I planned to take you with me:)


     Again, I'm starting out at the back of the pack so I could take some photos without the others thinking I was crazy...
        But how else could I show you all of the flowers that have come up on this trail since the last time I was on it??  You know my bike is only a vessel, allowing my eyes to experience nature; and a lot more of it. 


          And now I'll point the lens behind me!  Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks:)

          The leaves on the trees are in full bloom at this point and this is probably the last time I'll see them so green before  they start to change color and fall off; after all, it is mid August already.  But if you look up, you can see the leaves may be starting to change already.  Or maybe it's just a branch that was traumatized from the last storm... 


     Now this is what I'm talking about... Pink flowers!  Summer in full bloom for sure!



     Remember how all last summer the trail was under construction, and by fall the only thing left was the edge lines...


 Look below... I can't believe one year later and they still haven't finished it!  I guess they have priorities...

                                        
     Riding a little further I finally found actual proof that fall is under way...  Look by the fence... 

                                                But wait... there's more!!


     Yep, I guess summer is on it's way out.  Looks like I'll be dodging acorns any day now... ugh!

     So there you have it... I took you on my bike ride, and you never even had to pedal... you're welcome:)

          It sure would be nice to live in a climate where I could ride my bike year round, but since that isn't an option right now, I'm going to appreciate every second I can until the first snow flake falls; and I can't wait to take you with me:)

Have a great day!!

Christine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)