Monday, August 31, 2015

Rainy days and "Sundays" aren't getting me down:)


      I know the song is "Rainy days and Mondays", but in my case it was Sunday and it was a rainy day... But I wasn't about to let a little rain get me down:)

     A few friends and I planned to take a ride on my favorite trail, which is the Northern part of the North Coast Inland trail, in Elmore Ohio.  This is the trail I told you makes me feel like I'm in the movie "Chitty-Chitty, Bang Bang".  Last year when I rode it the sun was shining brightly, and the sky was full of white fluffy clouds.  However, when we got to Elmore, this was what it looked like... 
     I guess my memory would have to stay just that... a memory.  I actually thought sitting in a coffee shop drinking coffee sounded like a better idea...
        

      But one of my friends, Dave, asked me if I was gonna melt...

        And those became fight'n words, so I was definitely riding!

    

     You can see, this looked like a great coffee day, but off in the distance I felt the sun was trying hard to find me...


      We did stop briefly to soak up the view of the Portage River before we ventured on. 

        And there's that sun trying hard to come out...
         
     It's a whole lot like me; it won't quit trying...


     This is a view I don't see often; I'm usually on the other side of the turnpike...  not under it.

        As we got further and further on our ride it began to look like the trail I remembered... Certainly not "real life". It was as if Heaven was peaking through...


     And seeing these beautiful pink flowers reminded me why it had to rain in the first place... 

    But wait... there's more:)


     By the end of the ride I discovered I just might be capable of melting after all; I mean, this view was enough to make anyone melt:) 

         The rain was finally over and my friend, "the sun" never did come out completely from behind those clouds, but I guess everyone has those days where you just wanna stay under the covers; so I'm not judging, and I still felt his warmth even if he wasn't right with me.

     I'll admit, life isn't all roses, but with out the rain there wouldn't be any.  I'm just glad I wore my sunblock;)

Have a great day!!

Christine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)