Monday, October 21, 2013

Tires do matter




So the first time I was outside on my bike it was a piece of cake, but what I didn't stop to consider was a friend had given me a set of slimmer tires to try out.  At the time I didn't think anything of it, I just thought it was a normal ride.
     However, I went back to my wide tires like it was suggested for training purposes, and I couldn't believe the difference.  First of all it was a very windy day and extremely humid outside, then throw on the wide tires and it felt like I was peddling through a tsunami on a tractor.




     I was only able to go about 9 miles an hour tops, which was very discouraging.  Heck with the training on wide tires, I think I'll keep building strength indoors, I need those thin tires back.  In a perfect world I'll also take less humidity and no wind... but I guess it's not a perfect world:) At least I got my ten miles in even if it did take me twenty minutes longer to do it.  That twenty minutes would have just been spent trying to recuperate anyway. I'm sure it'll get easier☺

Have a great day!

Christine:)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)