Monday, January 27, 2014

Pink trend setter or retro




     Yes, I've always been obsessed with pink and my recent history gave me all the more reason to embrace the color as well.  For many years I've walked in the "Walk MS"  and  volunteered at the "Bike MS/ Bike-To-The-Bay".  As much of a passion as I have for this cause I have to except that the color that represents MS is orange.

     However, when I decided to actually ride in the Bike-To-The-Bay I just knew I had to make my team shirts pink, if not to stand out, then to give me strength.  So many of my friends supported me in my crazy request and never batted an eye, but a few questioned me as to why "pink" when the MS color is clearly orange... My only answer was "because I love pink" and that was good enough for me.

     Then I finally had a theory to back up my crazy rebellious decision.  For the past five or so years I've been meeting some friends for breakfast at Bob Evans on Saturday mornings and by now they were all quite aware of my obsession.  Just recently one of the ladies, Maryann, came in with a small box for me.  She said it was an antique.

     While she was helping a friend move they ran across something that made her think of me.  Inside the box was a scarf from the Walk MS dated 1992!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Did the MS color used to be pink or was someone else a rebel just like me?


                     


    I did some research and couldn't find anything to support a theory, so I figured I would come up with one of my own.  I think the color started out as pink and over the years as people became more color blind they eventually called it orange (hey, it's my theory...).


      Of course I can't tell you for certain why it's orange now, but I can honestly say at one point someone besides me had a true love for pink!!  So pink shirts it is:)



Have a great day!!

Christine:)

Please sponsor me or join my team:) msohiobike.org
    






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)