Monday, March 16, 2015

It's easy to keep your feet on the ground; But floating in the clouds takes faith.



        Yes, for most people it's easy to keep your feet on the ground, but I've discovered that up in the clouds is where I'm the safest.  It's very easy for me to trip just putting one foot in front of the other, but when I was up in the clouds I never fell once.  Why was that?


           When I walk I think about every step I take, which is hard to imagine for the average person.  But when I'm up in the sky it's out of my hands, and anything "could" happen, yet I just have to have faith that I will be protected.

     Though I was 1500 feet up while hang-gliding it was really no different than being one foot off the ground, because I believed that the landing was going to be very graceful.

     Comparatively, when I was Para-sailing, at only 500 feet in the air I still left my landing in someone else's hands.  I've never actually admitted to having a fear of heights, though before these two excursions I may have felt a little safer with my two feet planted securely on the ground.  Ironically, now the higher I go, the the safer I feel, because it only causes me to have more faith.

     I told a friend I just might try sky diving next, which is somewhere around 12 thousand feet up in the sky, and to a fully able bodied person this seemed like a crazy idea, but if you just latch on to someone flying high on faith, even the ablest of bodies just might prefer soaring high in the clouds.

     We always hope to do things all on our own, and we usually have plenty of plans.  But I'm starting to believe we have have faith, because the landing is out of our hands.

Have a great day!!

Christine:)

1 comment:

  1. Greats thoughts and well-expressed. Taking one day at a time is all about faith, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)