Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree






     For as long as I can remember one of my best life strategies has been delayed gratification.  A lot of people tend to work well under pressure and wait until a deadline is minutes away before they move.

     I, however, feel like I need to get the hard things behind me before I can rest at ease.  When told there is bad and good news, often people will say give "me the good news first to cushion the blow of the bad news".

     When given the choice, I would take the bad news first every time.  Once I process the bad news I can dwell on the good news as long as I want.  In fact, if I can figure out how to turn the bad news into something positive then my good news is even sweeter.

     My daughter Lindsay and I don't always see things in the same light, but the other day we were having a conversation and I saw a sign that she actually understands how this way of thinking can be a great way to live.

     She told me her boyfriend Carl is the most amazing person, because when ever she is having a bad day he will ask her to name one thing that is bad, so she does.  He then asks her to name another, followed by a third... then instead of trying to fix it for her he asks her to start naming everything good in her life.  It's inevitable that the good will strongly out weigh the bad every time.  A man very wise for his years and Lindsay truly gets it.

     Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to help us see things that are clearly right in front of our face and I think certain people are put in our lives to do just that.

     My life has been a series of delayed gratification and when I feel like things are hard, I try even harder to imagine how much stronger I'll be after I get through them.  If I just have faith things will always have a way of working out.  

     We don't always know where our life is headed, or how long it will take to get there but one thing is for sure, anything worth having is worth the wait.

Have a great day!!

Christine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)