Friday, March 6, 2015

There's no such thing as can't.

     I know it's way too cold to even think about the Bike To The Bay, and the snow certainly doesn't help any. But I really wanted to start working on all those who sponsored our team last year so I had an idea where we stood.

     A lot of my sponsors were either friends being very nice, or businesses giving into my persistent badgering... New York life was a little of both.  

     My insurance agent/financial planner Paul, was also a friend more than happy to sponsor our team, but gilding the lily a bit, I was persistent enough, until I had eventually convinced several employees to join my team as well.

     Paul was more than happy to help out again this year, so I took my trusty camera over for the documented proof.  


        Looking at this photo you can see that bike riding was not even a thought at this point.  In fact, if it weren't for the "New York Life" sign being right side up, it would be hard to tell the clouds from the snow.  

     This day it was sub zero outside and the parking lot was a sheet of ice.  I walked in and stated the obvious to the receptionist, "It is fareeeeeezing ouside!!"  She commented that I picked the wrong time of year to have a brace on my leg.  I told her the brace isn't going anywhere so I guess I'm just in the wrong part of the country...

     I like how helpful people can be, and as I was showing my agent the pictures from my para-sailing and hang-gliding last month he asked "Are you allowed to do that!?" (then again he is in the insurance business, Hmm...)

     The cool thing is, I'm "allowed" to do anything I want, as long as it's within the law, and technically, I CAN do ANYTHING outside of the law if I want to.  Of course since I don't look good in stripes OR orange I try not to cross that line...

     I hear all too often "I can't..." and I'm guilty of saying it plenty myself, but I'm starting to realize that that word doesn't really exist, because there's always a way to make anything happen.  Sometimes it just might take a little improvising. 


          You can say you can't til you're blue in the face, but sometimes all it takes is a smile:)

Have a great weekend!!

Christine:)

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading about a prison out west somewhere that the warden decided the guys were less likely to escape if the prison uniforms were pink. I know it's a guys prison, but just saying... I found out that I look decent, even photogenic in orange. So there's no place I won't say I can't break the law. ;)

    Still, it's better to listen to the doctor and the voice in you head than the insurance guy about "can't" LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)