Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I might not be a pro; but I'll never hang up my bag:)

     To think there was a day that I was totally obsessed with golf, and now I haven't played in a million years.  But last weekend I actually dusted the cobwebs off my clubs.

     My friend and leapfrog teammate, Kelly, asked me to play in a golf outing at Giant Oaks Golf Club.  Her dad was doing a fund raiser for the MS Society.  Kelly also has MS and this was their third annual golf outing.  Ironically, this was the very first place I played golf; back in the day of dinosaurs, when "woods" were actually made of wood:)
     I honestly had no idea how I would do because this would be the first time playing with all of my bionic hoopla:)  At least I could look the part if nothing else! (the brace is just an accent piece!)

     Luckily, it was a scrambles, so I was able to rely on my three teammates to have a good shot if mine tanked.  They assured me they had no problem carrying me if they had to... I don't think they knew I might take them literally:)

       As it turned out, Mike was the one carrying the team, while Jason claimed to be the comic relief:)

     It was apparent that I wouldn't be playing on the LPGA tour anytime soon, but I actually found my swing again:)

     And I knew it wasn't about the score; Kelly and I had an ulterior motive, and that was to help raise money for MS research, and just have fun:) 
     I really miss these guys!  I know they don't look like the head covers of a serious golfer, then again, I don't claim to be serious:)
     And I know most people are focused on their next shot but I was more focused on the awesome sky!



     I had to remind myself we had a tournament going on...

     And of course, as I remembered, with fall golf comes leaves, and the real challenge was not losing your ball.  Note to self... pink, not the best choice...

     I had forgotten how long eighteen holes actually was, and by the end my legs were feeling it (or not feeling...), but I was just happy to be out on the course again:)
           
        So this day confirmed that nothing is ever really gone for good; sometimes we just have to find a different way.  And you know my motto:  Where there's a will, there is one:)

Have a great day!!

Christine:)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)