Monday, December 2, 2013

Back to the days of "normal"



     Back in the day, I scrambled around like a chicken with my head cut off and I heard time and time again "SLOW DOWN!"  There wasn't a person I wouldn't leave in my dust and I loved every single minute of it. The thing is, I've always been a "hurry up and wait" kind of  girl. The faster I would go, the sooner I would get there. 

    However, now with footdrop there have been many times that my brain says run but the message is sent by pony express.  The end result is my brain getting there about one second before my body and that can end in disaster.  I'm considering wearing my bike helmet 24/7:)




     My reasons for riding in the Bike-To-The-Bay are several.  One reason of course is to take that leap of faith that I can do it and encourage others to do the same.  Secondly, I want to raise awareness about this devastating disease that impacts the lives of so many.  But most importantly, the money raised from this event is used not only to aid those people right in our community who need financial assistance to control this disease, but to fund research to end it all together.

     Thanks to all of the generous donations, we now have eleven drugs available to slow down the progression, and though there is still no cure they are so close to a breakthrough for myelin repair which could potentially take people like me back to the days of "normal". I won't give up because I know it will happen!  I have total confidence that one day I will hear those words again "SLOW DOWN!"  Until then I'll just keep moving:)  Who's with me?!?!

Have a great day!

Christine:)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)